International cooperation is in decline both in the political and financial spheres. The UN has failed to address any of the major conflicts since the end of the cold war; the 2009 Copenhagen Climate Change Conference left a sour aftertaste; the World Trade Organization hasn’t concluded a major| Read More
GEORGE SOROS has been a prominent international supporter of democratic ideals and causes for more than 30 years. His philanthropic organization, the Open Society Foundations, supports democracy and human rights in more than 100 countries. Born in Budapest in 1930, George Soros is Chairman of Soros Fund Management LLC. As one of history’s most successful financiers, his views on investing and economic issues are widely followed. This site is the official resource for information about George Soros.
The Open Society Foundations are active in more than 70 countries around the world.
The Tragedy of the European Union
Articles & Essays
A new Ukraine was born a year ago in the pro-European protests that helped to drive President Viktor F. Yanukovych from power. And today, the spirit that inspired hundreds of thousands to gather in the Maidan, Kiev’s Independence Square, is stronger than ever, even as it is under direct military| Read More
Interviews & Speeches
- George Soros speaks with Francine Lacqua on Bloomberg TV
- Vice News “Talking Heads” series: The European Union vs. Russia
- Remarks delivered at the EU Roma Summit, 04/04/14 in Brussels, Belgium
- The Future of Europe: Remarks delivered at the Global Economic Symposium, 10/01/13 in Kiel, Germany
- How to Save the European Union from the Euro Crisis