Last weekend’s European Parliament election and presidential election in Ukraine produced sharply contrasting results. Europe’s voters expressed their dissatisfaction with the way that the European Union currently functions, while Ukraine’s people demonstrated their desire for association with the EU. European leaders and citizens should take this opportunity to consider what that means – and how helping Ukraine can also help Europe. | Read More
GEORGE SOROS has been a prominent international supporter of democratic ideals and causes for more than 30 years. His philanthropic organization, the Open Society Foundations, supports democracy and human rights in over 70 countries. Born in Budapest in 1930, George Soros is Chairman of Soros Fund Management LLC. As one of history’s most successful financiers, his views on investing and economic issues are widely followed. This site is the official resource for information about George Soros.
The Open Society Foundations are active in more than 70 countries around the world.
The Tragedy of the European Union
Articles & Essays
The war on drugs has been a $1tn failure. For more than four decades, governments around the world have pumped huge sums of money into ineffective and repressive anti-drug efforts. These have come at the expense of programs that actually work such as needle exchanges and substitution therapy. This| Read More
Interviews & Speeches
- Remarks delivered at the EU Roma Summit, 04/04/14 in Brussels, Belgium
- The Future of Europe: Remarks delivered at the Global Economic Symposium, 10/01/13 in Kiel, Germany
- How to Save the European Union from the Euro Crisis
- Remarks delivered at the Boao Forum for Asia Annual Conference 2013 in Hainan, China
- George Soros speaks to Bloomberg’s Erik Schatzker in Davos