A new Ukraine was born a year ago in the pro-European protests that helped to drive President Viktor F. Yanukovych from power. And today, the spirit that inspired hundreds of thousands to gather in the Maidan, Kiev’s Independence Square, is stronger than ever, even as it is under direct military| Read More
GEORGE SOROS has been a prominent international supporter of democratic ideals and causes for more than 30 years. His philanthropic organization, the Open Society Foundations, supports democracy and human rights in more than 100 countries. Born in Budapest in 1930, George Soros is Chairman of Soros Fund Management LLC. As one of history’s most successful financiers, his views on investing and economic issues are widely followed. This site is the official resource for information about George Soros.
The Open Society Foundations are active in more than 70 countries around the world.
The Tragedy of the European Union
Articles & Essays
The sanctions imposed on Russia by the US and Europe for its interventions in Ukraine have worked much faster and inflicted much more damage on the Russian economy than anybody could have expected. The sanctions sought to deny Russian banks and companies access to the international capital markets.| Read More
Interviews & Speeches
- Vice News “Talking Heads” series: The European Union vs. Russia
- Remarks delivered at the EU Roma Summit, 04/04/14 in Brussels, Belgium
- The Future of Europe: Remarks delivered at the Global Economic Symposium, 10/01/13 in Kiel, Germany
- How to Save the European Union from the Euro Crisis
- Remarks delivered at the Boao Forum for Asia Annual Conference 2013 in Hainan, China